Moving along...

"Do not have your concert first, and then tune your instruments afterwards. Begin the day with the Word of God and prayer, and get first of all into harmony with Him." -- Hudson Taylor

This week, we will go over Chapter 5 in our book, Sweet Journey. It will begin the topic of prayer, and it is refreshingly simple and very convicting. You won't want to miss out, so get the most out of the discussion Friday by reading it beforehand!

One thought I had from the first page...."Are our prayers powerful?" In my mind, it seems that question brings me to these further questions....

Am I living the Word (how else without faithful Bible reading?)

Am I right with others (how else but through finding out what God requires in my relationships with family members and others in my life?)

Am I yielded to God (how else but seeing what His Word says is evidence of that fact?)

May you be closer drawn to the Lord and encouraged as you persevere in your time with Him each day! Hope to see you Friday!!



Comments

  1. Thanks for the quote from Hudson Taylor. I borrowed it.
    Thank you for the card in the mail. I love it! And I mean to send you a personal reply. Hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got my book in the mail yesterday...and read the first chapter, found two notebooks, and plan to start working through the book with you. From looking at this book last night, it looks like a perfect book to use in a little 'study' I have been wanting to have with some women in my area...but I have no interested women yet.

    And...I love the quote from Hudson Taylor also!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts